Veeam Backup & Replication 7.0 R2
Veeam released a R2 update yesterday for Backup & Replication 7.0 on the quiet. The R2 update brings support for vSphere 5.5 and vCloud Director 5.5. The new build version is 188.8.131.524 and includes all previous updates.
Here is a short extract of the new features coming with R2.
- vSphere 5.5 support, including support for 62TB virtual disks and virtual hardware v10 virtual machines.
- vCloud Director 5.5 support.
- Support for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 as guest virtual machines (VMs).
- Added ability to limit maximum amount of active VM snapshots per datastore to prevent it from being overfilled with snapshot deltas. The default value of 4 active snapshots can be controlled with MaxSnapshotsPerDatastore (REG_DWORD) registry key.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V and free Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 support, including support for Generation 2 virtual machines.
- Support for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 as guest virtual machines (VMs)
- Support for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM)
- Support for the installation of Veeam Backup & Replication and its components on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
Built-in WAN acceleration
- Increased data processing up to 50% with hard drive based cache, and up to 3 times with SSD based cache. Multi-core CPU on source WAN accelerator is recommended to take full advantage of the enhanced data processing engine.
- Added ability for source and target proxy servers to reconnect and resume replication when network connection between source and target site drops for a short period of time.
- Added support for a number of enterprise-class tape libraries with partitioning functionality that allows presenting multiple tape library partitions to the same host.
- Import/export slot interaction has been redesigned to add support for a number of IBM and Oracle tape libraries.
- Added ability for application-aware processing logic to detect passive Microsoft Exchange DAG database present on the VM, and process it accordingly.
- Added support for Exchange CCR clusters.
- User interface should now remember size and positions off the main window, as well as all panels and columns.
All other resolved issues can be found in the KB Article.
Like all other Veeam Patches or major releases the update to the new version is very simple.
Check your Veeam Backup & Replication Version
Execute the update file and follow the instructions
If your are using Veeam Enterprise Manager you do not have to update it.
After the update is complete you have to start Backup & Replication 7 because the Transport, vPower NFS etc. must be also updated.
After that you can check your Veeam version again, which should now look like this.