Veeam Enterprise Manager v9 – Form-based Authentication missing
After I updated my backup environment to Veeam Availability Suite v9 I encountered the following behaviour during the login into the Enterprise Manager (EM):
I was little bit surprised because I expected the normal Veeam EM login page. I went through the forum but didn’t find something useful. Maybe my searching skills weren’t that good.
These were my search terms:
- Enterprise Manager
- Enterprise Manager 9
- Enterprise Manager login
- Enterprise Manager login popup
Form-based authentication was the keyword of successful to find the right answer. So what’s the deal.
Veeam introducted a new automatic NTLM-based authentication method in EM v9. This means that you can login into the EM without entering a username and password (Single Sign On).
- Logged in on a Workstation/Server/whatever which is part of the same Domain as the EM.
- Logged in as a User who has permissions in EM.
If you want the good old login page of EM back follow this instruction (taken form the KB):
1. Connect to the Enterprise Manager Server and open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager console.
2. Locate the VeeamBackup site, select it and choose Default Documents
3. Click Add… to add a new page
4. Add a new page called Login.aspx
5. Move it to the top of the list
6. Go back to the VeeamBackup site and choose Authentication
7. Disable Forms Authentication
8. Go back to the VeeamBackup site and choose Modules
9. Remove the MixedAuthenticationModule2 module
After all these changes your browser of choice will load the good old form-based login page again.
Alternatively you can also go directly to the page at https://enterprise-manager-server:9443/login.aspx.